Note: this program is not currently active but is expected back in 2021
Hawaii’s Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) offers eligible seniors $50 worth of coupons (10 coupons valued at $5 each) to obtain eligible foods without charge from participating farmers, farmers’ markets, and roadside stands that have been approved to accept SFMNP coupons. Coupons may be redeemed from participating vendors from April 1st – September 30th.
The eligibility requirements to receive SFMNP benefits are as follows:
- Individuals who are at least 60 years old.
- Maximum household income of 185% or below of the US Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Individual Household – $26,603
- Two-Person Household – $36,001
- Participants must be a resident of the State of Hawaii and reside in the county they apply to.
Applicants must be certified to participate each year, therefore, those who participated in the program last year must submit a new application each year. Each year there is a limited number of coupons that are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis during the program period of April-September.
To apply for the SFMNP checks to spend at the farmers’ market, or for information on currently participating market locations, contact your regional provider: